The UAE Green Visa is ideal for those who desire to relocate to the UAE without being linked to a certain company. This visa allows the person who holds it to sponsor themselves for a period of five years without the assistance of a UAE national or employer.
According to the Abu Dhabi Residents Office, the purpose of this visa is to make the employment market more flexible and to recruit exceptional talent from many nations. The UAE Green Visa not only provides a long-term residency solution, but it also provides various benefits to the visa holder’s family.
Who is Eligible for this Visa?
Self employed, skilled workers, investors and freelancers are eligible for the UAE Green Visa.
- Eliminates the requirement of employment to stay in UAE
- Allows unmarried daughters of any age and sons up to the age of 25 to be sponsored.
- Extended grace period of six months after the 5-year validity.
Documents Required from Freelancers or Self-Employed
- A freelancing or self-employment permit issued by the Ministry of Human Resources.
- Emiratization proof in the form of a bachelor’s degree or specialized certification.
- Evidence of annual income from self-employment for the last two years, totaling at least AED 360,000
Documents Required from Skilled Workers
- A valid employment contract
- According to the Ministry of Human Resources, you must be classified as a first, second, or third occupational level.
- At least a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- A minimum salary of AED 15,000 per month
How to Apply
- Visit the website of the General Directorate of Residency and Foreigners Affairs Dubai
- Create an account
- Select the green residency option under the services section
- Select the appropriate subcategory, such as skilled worker, partner, freelancer, or investor.
- Attach the necessary documents
- Pay the AED 2,280 fees
- Submit the request
You may also like this post: Finally you can use one WhatsApp Account on Multiple Phones